- More of a hustling pass rusher than an accomplished or natural one, he'll make his mark as a fifth or sixth defensive lineman.
- Average quickness and power and his bull rush will be stonewalled. Comes off the snap high, losing leverage.
- Excellent hustle-and-chase tackler. Good closing speed with change of direction to corral mobile quarterbacks.
- His strength up and down the line of scrimmage, and quickness for his size, make him a mid- to late-round target.
- Coordinated with smooth movement skills. High-effort rusher and works through the whistle. Relentless worker, fighting off blocks and battling to the ball.
- Average size, strength and lacks the bulk in his upper and lower body to hold up on the line. Not a sudden athlete.
- Lacks the speed to turn the corner consistently and is too often washed out by stronghanded blockers.
- Lacks ideal height, length and overall frame for the position. Short, doesn't have the chiseled body type ideal for the position.
- Average size, strength and lacks the bulk in his upper and lower body to hold up on the line. Not a sudden athlete. Very ordinary flexibility and fluidity; not overly explosive and lacks the speed to threaten the edge. Plays upright with limited power to disengage _and is not overpowering in any aspect.
- Not a quick-twitch player. Won't consistently threaten the edge. Few explosive qualities and lacks great initial burst or overall range for the position.
How other scouting services rate Malik Herring (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank