- Fast in a straight line. Excellent wide and .bull rushes when he's first off the snap.
- Challenges inside with quickness and strong hands. Run-and-chase defender who can leave a mark.
- Tremendous explosion; accelerates low with power. Relentless blindside pursuit; tracks down ballcarriers across the field.
- Has a compact, athletic build. Good initial quickness off the snap. Shows good football intelligence, recognizing where the ball is heading and breaking free to be in position to make the play.
- Legitimate burst to close and an effective wrap tackler.
- Has limited range and is more of a run-stuffer who won't make many plays in the backfield - a mid-round, prospect who should be able to offer depth along the defensive line in any scheme.
- Not a natural bender and lacks fluid change-of-direction ability. Plays with inconsistent pad level and is often knocked backward off the snap.
- Lean lower body - must improve core and leg strength. Suspect body flexibility and tight hips.
- Never out of a play, but can get out of control and work himself away from the action.
- Stands up well against the run but is very pursuit-conscious and will take unneeded wide angles.
How other scouting services rate Michael Pitts (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank