- Sees the field very well when the play breaks down and occasionally changes plays at the line.
- Athletic quarterback who is a threat to leave the pocket and gain positive yardage at any time. Possesses very good vision balance, elusiveness and deceptive speed and power as a runner.
- Prototypical height for the position with the frame to easily add another 15 pounds of muscle mass without a significant loss in quickness.
- Excellent height to see over the defense.
- Good height and growing build to stand in the pocket.
- Has struggled with his decision-making and needs to improve his pre-snap recognition skills to read defenses and see blitzes. Doesn't decipher information as quickly as you would like, but does see the entire field and understands coverage.
- Sails throws to either sideline; receivers make him look good with acrobatic catches. Back-foot throws are not accurate. Sometimes trusts his arm too much, trying to stick passes late in the play or when off-balance.
- Erratic passer who struggles with consistent ball placement - has a tough time fitting passes into tight windows.
- Needs to improve his touch at all levels and know when to gun it and when to take something off his throws. Accuracy is solid, but far from great with streaky ball placement downfield as he tries to thread the needle too much.
- Too often fails to give receivers a chance to make a play after the catch. High completion percentage padded by many quick screens.
How other scouting services rate Mike Collins (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank