- Combines strength and footwork to fill holes inside, as well. Recovers from cut blocks or falling on his way to make a tackle.
- Lower than offensive lineman on every short-yardage play. Good agility and ability to change direction for his size.
- Flashes upper-body strength to rip and has the punch to push through interior linemen on stunts and twists.
- Played with lean and leverage against the run, tough for one man to move (sometimes double-teams, too).
- Strength gives ends a chance to twist inside and linebackers free lane to the passer on blitzes.
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
- Misses tackles, even when he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Needs to improve hand placement and technique.
- Lacks the speed to turn the corner consistently and is too often washed out by stronghanded blockers.
- Sees the ball well but is stuck on blocks when head-up; does not shed to make plays often enough.
- Not a quick-twitch player. Won't consistently threaten the edge. Few explosive qualities and lacks great initial burst or overall range for the position.
How other scouting services rate Mustafa Johnson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank