Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 7 - Pick Number: 234 (PHI)
- Flashes strength at the point of attack with active, violent hand use. Forceful with his upper body to defeat blocks. Strong hustle player.
- Challenges inside with quickness and strong hands. Run-and-chase defender who can leave a mark.
- Easily gains inside leverage by shooting gaps.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- High-effort, thickly built defender with good strength and the leverage to create a pile. Locates_ the ball quickly and pursues with passion, showing_ good lateral agility while extending the play to the sideline.
- Misses tackles, even when he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Needs to improve hand placement and technique.
- Not an elite athlete with average functional strength and size. Lacks the length to fend off blocks and can be too energetic and lose his angle. Doesn't have a natural position at the next level.
- Lacks overpowering strength and can stick to blocks. Lacks explosive speed to bend and flatten off the corner with stiff hips and ankles. Not flexible or fluid.
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
- He doesn't have the elite quickness or flexibility to flatten off the edge against NFL blockers and might have to add bulk to be a 3-4 defense five-technique, or strong-side end in a 4-3.
How other scouting services rate Patrick Johnson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank