Signed as an undrafted free agent by New York Giants
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Aggressive with good awareness to track the ball and attack. Tenacious, tough, competItIve and versatile.
- Coordinated with smooth movement skills. High-effort rusher and works through the whistle. Relentless worker, fighting off blocks and battling to the ball.
- Excellent hustle-and-chase tackler. Good closing speed with change of direction to corral mobile quarterbacks.
- Average quickness and power and his bull rush will be stonewalled. Comes off the snap high, losing leverage.
- Not a quick-twitch player. Won't consistently threaten the edge. Few explosive qualities and lacks great initial burst or overall range for the position.
- Lacks the speed to turn the corner consistently and is too often washed out by stronghanded blockers.
- Not overly flexible or loose. Limited, predictable pass-rush arsenal. Struggles to locate the ball at times and needs to do a better job with his read-and-react skills.
- He doesn't have the elite quickness or flexibility to flatten off the edge against NFL blockers and might have to add bulk to be a 3-4 defense five-technique, or strong-side end in a 4-3.
- Misses tackles, even when he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Needs to improve hand placement and technique.
How other scouting services rate Raymond Johnson III (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank