- Coordinated with smooth movement skills. High-effort rusher and works through the whistle. Relentless worker, fighting off blocks and battling to the ball.
- Flashes upper-body strength to rip and has the punch to push through interior linemen on stunts and twists.
- His strength up and down the line of scrimmage, and quickness for his size, make him a mid- to late-round target.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Average quickness and power and his bull rush will be stonewalled. Comes off the snap high, losing leverage.
- Hands aren't strong or active enough to disengage consistently. Gets good push, but will not bull rush NFL tackles.
- Has limited athleticism and range. Lacks natural explosion or first-step burst to consistently threaten the edge.
- Has a good feel for the game with the anticipation and instincts to survive despite average at best size for an NFL defensive end.
- Misses tackles, even when he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Needs to improve hand placement and technique.
- Lacks ideal height, length and overall frame for the position. Short, doesn't have the chiseled body type ideal for the position.
How other scouting services rate Richard Burney (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank