Draft Profile: BioRuben Hyppolite II from McArthur High High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Hyppolite II joined Maryland after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Hyppolite II saw action in 4 games and played a total of 125 snaps at linebacker for the Terrapins. He recorded only 9 tackles, 4 assists, while adding 6 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 6 total pressures, which included 4 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 2 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Terrapins in 2021 Hyppolite II played in 13 games and took part in 699 snaps for the Terrapins. He recorded decent 51 tackles, 17 assists, while adding 27 stops. In coverage Hyppolite II made one pass breakup, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 101.6. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 3 total pressures, and 2 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Hyppolite II played in 8 games and contributed on 201 snaps. He recorded 12 tackles, 6 assists while making 3 stops. In coverage Hyppolite II chalked up no pass breakups, no interceptions, and an unimpressive QB rating when targetted of 130.7. As a pass rusher, he produced 5 total pressures, which included 4 QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Flashes explosive pop on contact. Wraps arms securely to make the reliable tackle, but is not technically sound.
- He’s rangy and instinctive when he’s looking into the backfield as a zone defender.
- He’s most comfortable moving downhill and attacking, but Hyppolite shows the kind of speed and fluidity that suggests he could be more of a sideline-to-sideline mover.
- Trusts his eyes and shows no hesitation with good anticipation to avoid blockers.
- Hyppolite can move laterally and chase in pursuit. A tough, violent tackler with a non-stop motor, he also shows good awareness when dropping into coverage.
- Work in progress as a pass rusher, with upfield burst and flexibility to dip and scrape.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Lacks functional strength in the pass rush, struggling to disengage and too easily pushed past the pocket.
- Hyppolite is in a hurry to get upfield but shows poor instincts when locating the ball against the run.
- Hyppolite doesn’t play with the functional strength and physicality to fight through blocks; he’ll need to be covered up in order to maximize his playmaking.
Ruben Hyppolite II percentiles vs other Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Ruben Hyppolite II (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank