Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 218 (IND)
- Average overall accuracy. Too often forces his receivers to adjust their routes, limiting yards after the catch. May have too much confidence in his right arm as he will force the ball into pressure rather than check down and take what the defense gives him.
- Good (not elite) arm strength and can easily make all the NFL throws with effortless deep passes.
- Sees the field very well when the play breaks down and occasionally changes plays at the line.
- Enough arm strength to drive the ball through tight windows up to 20 yards downfield. Spreads the ball around to multiple receivers.
- Athletic quarterback who is a threat to leave the pocket and gain positive yardage at any time. Possesses very good vision balance, elusiveness and deceptive speed and power as a runner.
- Needs to improve his touch at all levels and know when to gun it and when to take something off his throws. Accuracy is solid, but far from great with streaky ball placement downfield as he tries to thread the needle too much.
- Too often fails to give receivers a chance to make a play after the catch. High completion percentage padded by many quick screens.
- Erratic passer who struggles with consistent ball placement - has a tough time fitting passes into tight windows.
- Has struggled with his decision-making and needs to improve his pre-snap recognition skills to read defenses and see blitzes. Doesn't decipher information as quickly as you would like, but does see the entire field and understands coverage.
- Sails throws to either sideline; receivers make him look good with acrobatic catches. Back-foot throws are not accurate. Sometimes trusts his arm too much, trying to stick passes late in the play or when off-balance.
How other scouting services rate Sam Ehlinger (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank