Signed as an undrafted free agent by Kansas City Chiefs
- Athletic quarterback who is a threat to leave the pocket and gain positive yardage at any time. Possesses very good vision balance, elusiveness and deceptive speed and power as a runner.
- Good (not elite) arm strength and can easily make all the NFL throws with effortless deep passes.
- Has struggled with his decision-making and needs to improve his pre-snap recognition skills to read defenses and see blitzes. Doesn't decipher information as quickly as you would like, but does see the entire field and understands coverage.
- Sails throws to either sideline; receivers make him look good with acrobatic catches. Back-foot throws are not accurate. Sometimes trusts his arm too much, trying to stick passes late in the play or when off-balance.
- Undersized and short in stature - looks diminutive in the huddle.
- Inconsistent downfield passer and puts too much air under his throws.
- Too often fails to give receivers a chance to make a play after the catch. High completion percentage padded by many quick screens.
How other scouting services rate Shane Buechele (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank