Draft Profile: BioTayvion Robinson from Frank W. Cox High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Robinson opted to join Virginia Tech.
In 2019 as a freshman Robinson saw action in 13 games for the Hokies as he made 31 receptions for 404 yards for an average of 13.0 yards per reception, with one TD, and QB rating when targeted of 87.7.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played 10 games and had 36 catches for 563 yards for an average of 15.6 yards per catch, with 3 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 108.0.
As a junior in 2021 he played 12 games and hauled in 44 catches for 559 yards for an average of 12.7 yards per catch, with 5 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 98.3.
After the end of the season Robinson transferred to Kentucky where as a senior in 2022 he played 10 games and had 35 catches for 470 yards for an average of 13.4 yards per catch, 3 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 133.9.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Robinson fights his way off the line of scrimmage against press coverage, showing quick, violent hands and good balance.
- He has reliable hands and shows the willingness to make catches in traffic over the middle.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- He is quicker than fast and lacks elite wheels to simply blow by defenders, but Robinson has good football speed.
- Robinson also proved to be a force in catch-and-run situations. A violent runner who transitions upfield quickly after the catch, he has the speed to pick up chunks of yardage once he’s broken the first tackle.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Robinson seems comfortable in traffic to the point where Robinson doesn’t make the effort to create separation.
- Doesn't look like much physically with a smallish frame and little room to get much bigger
- Doesn't have the size to consistently win on the outside, but can be productive working the middle of the field and as a return man.
Tayvion Robinson percentiles vs other Wide Receiver's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Tayvion Robinson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank