Draft Profile: BioTim Smith from Sebastian River High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Smith opted to join Alabama.
In 2020 as a freshman Smith saw action in 10 games and played on a total of 163 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He recorded 9 tackles, 4 assists, while adding 9 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 3 total pressures, which included no QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Crimson Tide in 2021 Smith played in 15 games and took part on 282 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He recorded 13 tackles, 5 assists, while adding 10 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 11 total pressures, and 9 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 2 sacks during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Strength gives ends a chance to twist inside and linebackers free lane to the passer on blitzes.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Lower than offensive lineman on every short-yardage play. Good agility and ability to change direction for his size.
- Has the ability to create a pile in the middle, even showing the ability to split the occasional double-team. However, is just as often blown off the ball due to his high pad level.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Needs to play more disciplined and control his aggression. Doesn't play with a relentless motor and needs to give consistent effort on every play.
- Sees the ball well but is stuck on blocks when head-up; does not shed to make plays often enough.
How other scouting services rate Tim Smith (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank