Draft Profile: BioTraeshon Holden from Narbonne High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Holden opted to join Alabama.
In 2020 as a freshman Holden saw action in 5 games for the Crimson Tide and didn't feature in the passing game.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 15 games and had 21 catches for 239 yards for an average of 11.4 yards per catch, with one TD, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 101.8.
As a junior in 2022 he played 10 games and hauled in 25 catches for 331 yards for an average of 13.2 yards per catch, with 6 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 112.7.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Holden has quick feet and good body control, allowing him to gear down and quickly get in and out of cuts. His hands are good, and he’s a creative runner after the catch with the elusiveness to slip tackles in space.
- He has reliable hands and shows the willingness to make catches in traffic over the middle.
- He shows good initial quickness off the line of scrimmage, and Holden has enough strength to be able to consistently escape the jam at the next level. He’s a coordinated hands catcher who effectively tracks the ball downfield.
- He’s coordinated with soft, reliable hands, and he shows the ability to adjust to balls thrown behind him, as well as a knack for digging out low throws.
- Strong runner with the ball with enough agility to make defenders miss in the open field.
- Holden also proved to be a force in catch-and-run situations. A violent runner who transitions upfield quickly after the catch, he has the speed to pick up chunks of yardage once he’s broken the first tackle.
- A long-striding athlete with good playing speed. Usually sure-handed with the concentration to snatch the ball out of the air.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Holden really isn’t a guy who will create a lot of separation.
- A straight-line athlete with only average speed, lacking the wheels to run away from anyone at the next level. Struggles separating in tight coverage.
- Holden doesn’t have the ability as a run blocker or the violent run-after-catch ability.
How other scouting services rate Traeshon Holden (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank