Draft Profile: BioMitchell Tinsley from Lee's Summit High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Tinsley opted to join Western Kentucky.
In 2020 as a freshman Tinsley saw action in 12 games for the Hilltoppers as he made 43 receptions for 377 yards for an average of 8.8 yards per reception, with 4 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 101.9.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 14 games and had an outstanding 86 catches for 1403 yards for an average of 16.3 yards per catch, with 14 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 144.7.
After season's end Tinsley transferred to Penn State where as a junior in 2022 he played 12 games and hauled in 45 catches for 528 yards for an average of 11.7 yards per catch, with 4 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 100.2.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s also a catch-and-run threat, a creative runner who has good vision in the open field; he’ll be an option to return kicks as well.
- Tinsley plays with a smoothness and balance, and Tinsley shows a knack for setting up defensive backs.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- He’s equally dangerous in catch-and-run situations as he is taking the top off a defense
- He’s a fluid athlete with excellent short-area quickness; he should be able to create separation, and he has the straight-line speed to threaten down the seam.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Tinsley fights hard for the ball, but Tinsley too often fights to catch it; there are too many double catches on his highlight reel. It shows up in contested-catch situations in the red zone.
- He also had problems with drops when coming back to the action. He has some issues against press coverage, sometimes spending too much time hand fighting at the line of scrimmage.
- His playing speed is less than elite. Tinsley won’t run past defenders like he did at the college level.
Mitchell Tinsley percentiles vs other Wide Receiver's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Mitchell Tinsley (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank