- He catches the ball with his large, soft hands and is tough. Deceptive jets and a smooth route runner.
- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- Good effort and technique as a blocker for his size. Can beat the press with elusiveness or physical contact. Runs crisp routes with sharp cuts.
- Has long arms to stiff-arm defensive backs in the open field. Willing to lower his pads to run through tackles for extra yardage. Goes over the middle, can spin out of tackles and take the big hit.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Not a burner or consistent vertical threat. Has a lanky frame and will be overmatched physically by most cornerbacks in the NFL. Needs to be more competitive in tight coverage.
How other scouting services rate Dontay Demus Jr (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank