- More of a hustling pass rusher than an accomplished or natural one, he'll make his mark as a fifth or sixth defensive lineman.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Flashes strength at the point of attack with active, violent hand use. Forceful with his upper body to defeat blocks. Strong hustle player.
- He wins with all-out hustle, second and third effort and will contribute in the NFL.
- Excellent hustle-and-chase tackler. Good closing speed with change of direction to corral mobile quarterbacks.
- Not a quick-twitch athlete or naturally flexible short-area player. Fails to rely when initial push is halted.
- He's active but his shorter arms and only adequate burst off the line render him a wave or sub-package player in the pros.
- He doesn't have the elite quickness or flexibility to flatten off the edge against NFL blockers and might have to add bulk to be a 3-4 defense five-technique, or strong-side end in a 4-3.
- Lacks the speed to turn the corner consistently and is too often washed out by stronghanded blockers.
- Not a natural bender and lacks fluid change-of-direction ability. Plays with inconsistent pad level and is often knocked backward off the snap.
How other scouting services rate Will Rodgers (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank