Draft Profile: BioWoodi Washington attended Oakland High School and was rated a 4-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.923, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Washington opted to join Oklahoma after being heavily recruited.
In 2019 as a freshman Washington saw action in 4 games and played a total of 87 snaps at Cornerback for the Sooners. He recorded 12 tackles, 2 assists, while adding 3 stops. In coverage Washington notched up no pass breakups, no interceptions, and a disapointing QB rating when targetted of 158.3.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 10 games and logged 429 snaps for the Sooners. He made 35 tackles, 6 assists, and had 6 stops. In coverage he totaled 4 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and an elite QB rating when targetted of 53.2.
In 2021 as a junior Washington played in 6 games and contributed on 331 snaps. He chalked up 22 tackles, 2 assists, and added 3 stops. In the secondary Washington forced 2 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and gave up a decent QB rating when targetted of 77.7.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has explosive movement skills and the fluid athleticism and change-of-direction ability to come down and cover slot receivers.
- Has the fluidity, speed and quick feet to come down and defend slot receivers in man coverage. Washington also does a nice job breaking down in space as a tackler after the catch.
- Savvy cover skills to recognize and anticipate routes. Understands what's coming and has good ball skills.
- Has good awareness and quick feet. Fluid backpedal, aggressive attacking the receiver from the snap, and flashes spectacular ball skills.
- Washington has the straight-line speed to recover. His ball skills are tremendous, with good hands and the potential to take it to the house any time Washington gets his hands on the ball.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Despite his size, he’s not an overly physical tackler. Washington might have to add some weight at the next level in order to become more physical.
- Physicality comes and goes when facing the run. Washington doesn’t show much in the way of take-on skills once Washington meets a blocker
- Receivers can arm-bar downfield to create separation. He's too often caught peeking in the backfield and gives ground on double moves.
- Tends to play conservatively and give too much cushion when playing off.
How other scouting services rate Woodi Washington (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank