Drafted: ROUND: 7 - Pick Number: 232 (DEN)
- Alert defender for zone coverage, showing good understanding of route progressions occurring behind him and a quick burst downhill to break on underneath passes in front of him.
- Has at least adequate straight-line speed and good balance, fluidity to change direction.
- A coordinated athlete with good footwork and balance. A heady cover player with above-average · feel and anticipation in space.
- Very aggressive attacking receiver blocks and tackles like a safety.
- Willing and successful blitzing off the edge. Consideration for a move to safety with a combination of range and sure tackling.
- Lacks ideal size and frame with limited measureables and short arms that render him helpless against bigger receivers.
- Only average height and a choppy backpedal. Not surehanded catching interceptions or punts.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
Faion Hicks percentiles vs other Cornerback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Faion Hicks (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank