Drafted: ROUND: 7 - Pick Number: 237 (DET)
- Alert defender for zone coverage, showing good understanding of route progressions occurring behind him and a quick burst downhill to break on underneath passes in front of him.
- Aware in the red zone, stays on the back line to take away fade throws. Capable of making quarterbacks pay for late throws.
- Closes to the ball quite well and possesses the hands to snatch throws away from his frame.
- Reads the QB and gets good breaks on the ball. Bigger hitter than his slight frame implies. Closes quickly and generates explosion.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Lacks the recovery speed to catch receivers if he waits for them to arrive.
- Struggles to break down in space and can be a liability against the run at the second level.
- Not an explosive player and needs to show better bend and flexibility in his drops - plays too high.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
Chase Lucas percentiles vs other Cornerback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Chase Lucas (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank