- Handles misdirection well with quick change-of-direction ability. Comes downhill quickly against the run when he has an open lane.
- Closes quickly on relatively immobile quarterbacks. A consistently heavy hitter who flashes explosiveness and the ability to separate the ball.
- Reads quarterbacks eyes and reacts quickly to targets in zone coverage.
- Good closing speed with long arms to drag down quarterbacks and running backs.
- Can attack the edge with speed and has the flexibility to dip low and under the tackle's reach.
- His lateral agility and burst often put him in position to make big plays, but he takes questionable routes to the ball and struggles to avoid blockers when in pursuit.
- Lacks functional strength to shed and take on blocks at the point of attack.
- Generally an effective openfield tackler but doesn't wrap up consistently. Shows only average awareness in coverage.
- Saught looking into the backfield occasionally instead of getting to the receiver in the flat. Leaves his feet at times while tackling, and NFL backs will take advantage of that.
- Inconsistent hustle. Only adequate change-of-direction ability. Also loses his balance too often in the open field. Lacks size to bull rush stronger tackles.
Zakoby McClain percentiles vs other Outside Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Zakoby McClain (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank