Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 3 - Pick Number: 102 (SF)
- Trusts his eyes with very good awareness. Has very good reaction skills to break quickly on the ball.
- Savvy cover skills to recognize and anticipate routes. Understands what's coming and has good ball skills.
- Very good athleticism and flexibility. Has plus speed for the position and a second gear with good recovery speed to make up for missed plays.
- Has legitimate NFL-caliber cover skills. Has a quick, low backpedal with a fluid hip turn to cover receivers down the field.
- Rare hand-eye coordination and agility, vision and third gear to make a living in the return game.
- Fails to maintain inside technique in man coverage. Not a press corner.
- Suspect technician who too often lets the action come to him and energy and effort are too inconsistent.
- Holds the ball loosely. Inconsistent in run support. Average tackler
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Receivers can arm-bar downfield to create separation. He's too often caught peeking in the backfield and gives ground on double moves.
How other scouting services rate Ambry Thomas (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank