Drafted: ROUND: 7 - Pick Number: 233 (WSH)
Draft Profile: BioAndre Jones from Varnado High School was rated a After high school, Jones joined Louisiana.
In 2018 as a freshman Jones saw action in 4 games and played a total of 56 snaps for the Ragin' Cajuns. He recorded only 2 tackles, no assists, while adding one stop.
As a sophomore for the Ragin' Cajuns in 2019 Jones played in 14 games and took part in 532 snaps for the Ragin' Cajuns. He recorded 36 tackles, 11 assists, while adding 26 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 18 total pressures, and 12 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 3 sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Jones played in 11 games and contributed on 555 snaps. He recorded 29 tackles, 12 assists while making 22 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 13 total pressures, which included 5 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and 3 sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Jones logged playing time in 14 games and logged a total of 671 snaps for the Ragin' Cajuns. He also added 41 tackles, 15 assists, and 39 stops. While in coverage Jones made no pass breakups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 82.5. As a pass rusher, he tallied 45 total pressures, which included 33 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and 7 sacks on the season.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Jones logged playing time in 12 games and logged a total of 582 snaps for the Ragin' Cajuns. He also added 31 tackles, 13 assists, and 27 stops. While in coverage Jones made no pass breakups, one interception, and a QB rating when targetted of 55.4. As a pass rusher, he tallied 29 total pressures, which included 17 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and 7 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Shows a natural feel for setting up blockers and getting them off-balance. His hands are active and violent, and Jones quickly disengages with blockers and counters when his initial move stalls.
- Possesses accurate snap anticipation and timing to beat blockers off the edge.
- Offers some versatility, rushing from a two-and three-point stance with the playing speed to stand up in space. Flashes strength as a bull rusher and his energy doesn't plateau.
- Showed initial quickness and good flexibility to dip and bend. Jones has active hands and suddenness to his movements, demonstrating the ability to counter inside.
- Has fluid footwork to redirect, reverse momentum and close with a burst. Regularly first off the ball with good snap anticipation.
- He’s a high-effort pass rusher with an impressive combination of length and speed.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Jones has to develop a counter move or two in the pass rush, and Jones needs to make better use of his hands.
- He lacks the speed of a chase and- tackle guy. He lacks twitch as a pass rusher and lacks the feet and flexibility to threaten around the edge.
- Jones also shows some stiffness when trying to bend the edge, often getting pushed past the pocket — he seems more comfortable countering back inside.
Andre Jones percentiles vs other Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Andre Jones (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank