- Plays fast, flows with the action, showing smooth lateral agility and short-area burst. Has good instincts and awareness to quickly find the ball.
- Good key and diagnosis skills. Quickly locates the ball and shows no wasted motion in getting there. At least adequate lateral agility to avoid blockers and shows good vision and anticipation.
- Intelligent player who can play "MIKE" linebacker despite his lack of size because of his instincts and ability to find the ball in traffic.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Reads the quarterback to anticipate and is a candidate to play outside.
- Doesn't have enough speed, power or bulk to fit any LB position perfectly in the NFL.
- Does not blow up targets. Many inside tackles are catch-and-drags, which will be more difficult to make at the next level.
- Gets caught with the eyes in the backfield at times. Strong backs can run through his tackle attempts if he's not in position.
- Easily washed out of plays and loses track of the ball. Runs around blocks and struggles to break away once blockers have a hold on him.
- Occasionally overruns plays due to aggressive nature. Hesitates when facing running back Blocks while rushing the passer.
How other scouting services rate Baylon Spector (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank