Draft Profile: BioBenjamin Yurosek from Bakersfield Christian High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Yurosek opted to join Stanford.
In 2020 as a freshman Yurosek saw action in 6 games for the Cardinals as he made no receptions for no yards for an average of 0.0 yards per reception, with no TDs, and only QB rating when targeted of 39.6. As a blocker he allowed no pressures and no sacks.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 11 games and had a decent 42 catches for 655 yards for an average of 15.6 yards per catch, with 3 TDs, and an impressive QB rating when targeted of 113.8. In pass protction he gave up no pressures and no sacks.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Varies the speed of his route, using hesitation and shoulder fakes to get the defender guessing.
- He’s very good in contested-catch situations, using his frame effectively to make plays facing the quarterback. Yurosek also shows a knack for high-pointing the ball, consistently outmuscling defensive backs.
- Good short-area foot quickness with very good footwork.
- Can seal the edge as an in-line blocker. Not an intimidator but has enough strength, leverage and a solid base.
- Yurosek has quick feet and good body control, allowing him to gear down and quickly get in and out of cuts. His hands are good, and he’s a creative runner after the catch with the elusiveness to slip tackles in space.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Yurosek also lacks suddenness as a route runner, and that is a potential issue at the next level.
- His ability to track the ball is good enough, but Yurosek too often let the ball get into his body downfield rather than snatching it with his hands.
- Yurosek lacks the twitch to create consistent separation, and despite his size and ability to track the ball downfield, he isn’t great on contested catches.
- He’ll also have to adjust to getting his head around to locate the ball on shorter routes over the middle.
How other scouting services rate Benjamin Yurosek (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank