- Good strength and effort to run through arm tackles.
- Seems to enjoy the physical confrontation of blocking. Is willing to attack bigger defenders with explosive pop and good strength.
- Good burst off the snap, quick hands and good balance to gain a clean release.
- Catches with his hands away from his frame. Strong hands to pull down the contested reception.
- A savvy, reliable pass catcher with good body control and focus. Soft hands and has the hand-eye coordination to secure wild throws.
- Size limitations are obvious, but he's a tough pound-for-pound blocker.
- Catches well in traffic, shields the ball from defenders with his frame, and holds on despite being hit. Will fully extend, snatch, and stay in bounds.
- Has enough speed to challenge the seam but does not possess elite top-end speed.
- Has a smallish frame with underwhelming power, lean arms and little muscle definition.
- Struggles tracking the ball over his shoulder.
How other scouting services rate James Mitchell (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank