Drafted: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 198 (PHI)
- Can effectively place a block on a pass rusher before starting route by sinking fluid hips and delivering a punch.
- Seems to enjoy the physical confrontation of blocking. Is willing to attack bigger defenders with explosive pop and good strength.
- He can move the chains and has the skills to stand out in the red zone with sneaky foot speed and long stride to top producing tight end.
- He is a highly competitive player and quickly gets to the perimeter, blocking well in space and at the second level.
- Quickly secures and protects the ball. Tracks the ball well and adjusts to off-target throws.
- Above-average acceleration for a big man.
- Short with short arms for an NFL tight end. Has enough upper-body strength to fight initial jam at the line of scrimmage and has the speed and athleticism to burn defenders challenging him.
- Good short-area foot quickness with very good footwork.
- Doesn't break many tackles or do enough after contact.
- Average size and power for the position; won't overwhelm with his strength.
How other scouting services rate Grant Calcaterra (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank