- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- Doesn't possess elite breakaway speed, but is fast enough to gain yardage in chunks when he finds a seam.
- Has the feet and feel running between the tackles and in the open field. He has very good vision and patience to pick through defenses.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
- Offers little in pass protection and poor technique cut blocking, fails to do more than slow down blitzers by laying down in front of them.
- Not the most instinctive runner and too often tries for the big play, dancing and losing yards. Lacks the natural power to push the pile and feels more comfortable avoiding contact.
- Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
- Lacks size to be a true power back, will not move piles at the next level.
- Goes down too easily upon contact and needs to do a better job staying on his feet and anticipating hits. Needs to be more of a finisher and run with more purpose and determination.
How other scouting services rate Billy McCrary (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank