Draft Profile: BioBlake Watson from Green Hope High School was rated a Following high school, Watson joined Old Dominion.
In 2019 as a freshman Watson saw action in 10 games for the Monarchs as he ran for only 116 yards on 25 attempts for 4.6 yards per carry, with one TD, with one fumble. As a receiver he made only 13 receptions for 79 yards.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 11 games. and rushed for an elite 1117 yards on 215 carries for an impressive 5.2 ypc, with 8 TDs, with 2 fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in only 10 receptions for 55 yards.
In 2022 as a junior Watson saw action in 11 games for the Monarchs. He ran for 921 yards on 159 attempts for an impressive 5.8 ypc, with 5 TDs, with one fumble. As a receiver he made 37 receptions for 314 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- An instinctive runner, Watson has a knack for setting up defenders and making people miss in space. He’s at his best in space and on the perimeter, where he shows the balance and acceleration, plus pure speed, to make a move and then take off.
- Watson is an electrifying player, one of college football’s best playmakers in space
- His competitiveness and knack for high-pointing the ball allow him to play bigger than his size.
- Watson finishes runs well and flashes the ability to get small and squeeze through traffic.
- He’s a natural pass catcher, at his best pulling in swing passes and heading upfield. He’s a natural in the screen game as well. His hands are good enough that he can line up in the slot.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Watson seems comfortable in traffic to the point where Watson doesn’t make the effort to create separation.
- Watson isn’t going to overwhelm opposing defensive backs with speed and athleticism.
- Has a lean frame and lacks ideal bulk or muscle for the position. Doesn't have great strength, lacking a power element to his game to break many tackles.
How other scouting services rate Blake Watson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank