Drafted: ROUND: 5 - Pick Number: 176 (IND)
Draft Profile: BioEvan Hull from Maple Grove High High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Hull joined Northwestern.
In 2019 as a freshman Hull saw action in 4 games for the Wildcats as he ran for 285 yards on 46 attempts for an outstanding 6.2 yards per carry, with 4 TDs, with one fumble. As a receiver he made no receptions for no yards.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played 8 games. and rushed for 209 yards on 25 carries for an outstanding 8.4 ypc, with 2 TDs, with no fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in just 6 receptions for 41 yards.
In 2021 as a junior Hull saw action in 12 games for the Wildcats. He ran for an outstanding 1009 yards on 196 attempts for an excellent 5.1 ypc, with 7 TDs, with 2 fumbles. As a receiver he made 33 receptions for 264 yards.
As a senior in 2022 he played in 12 games and ran for 914 yards on 220 carries for average of 4.2 ypc, with 5 TDs, with 2 fumbles. In the passing game he had 54 receptions for 536 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Hull has very good vision and a knack for picking out cut-back lanes and then breaking offchunks of yardage.
- A small but solidly built runner, Hull has a scat-back skill set but is more effective between the tackles than you might expect.
- He’s patient, letting blocks develop then accelerating. He runs with a good forward lean and consistently falls forward.
- He’s patient in the backfield, willing to wait out his blocking and not panicking, and he consistently spots cutback lanes and takes advantage.
- He aggressively finishes runs and consistently falls forward in a crowd. His low pad level and a bit of wiggle keep him from absorbing big hits.
- Hull has a naturally low center of gravity and knows how to use it to his advantage, staying low and playing peek-a-boo behind linemen and darting forward once he finds a crease.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Not elite in his vision or strength, Hull has enough all-around game to be a three-down player at the next level
- Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
- Offers little in pass protection and poor technique cut blocking, fails to do more than slow down blitzers by laying down in front of them.
Evan Hull percentiles vs other Running Back's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Evan Hull (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank