Draft Profile: BioBrandon Pili from Westview High School was rated a 3 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Pili opted to join USC.
In 2018 as a freshman Pili saw action in 12 games and played on a total of 223 snaps for the Trojans. He recorded 5 tackles, 2 assists, while adding 5 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 9 total pressures, which included 8 QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Trojans in 2019 Pili played in 13 games and took part on 500 snaps for the Trojans. He recorded 12 tackles, 4 assists, while adding 12 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 24 total pressures, and 20 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Pili played in 4 games and contributed on 81 snaps. He recorded no tackles, 4 assists, while making no stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 4 total pressures, which included 3 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Pili shows impressive burst and enough quickness to occasionally threaten the edge as a pass rusher.
- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
- His motor is excellent, and he’s quick to locate the ball and make plays against the run.
- Despite a bowling-ball build, Pili has good feet and agility, capable of working laterally down the line of scrimmage in pursuit.
- Quick off the snap in the pass rush, he has violent hands and a good feel for working inside counter moves.
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Lacks closing speed and inconsistent quickness off the snap prevents him from being an elite pass rusher.
- Pili doesn’t show much in the way of dynamic change-of-direction ability on counter moves, and Pili also has a limited repertoire of pass-rushing moves.
- Pili isn’t a true edge burner and might be better off kicking inside on passing downs.
How other scouting services rate Brandon Pili (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank