Signed as an undrafted free agent by New Orleans Saints
- Savvy cover skills to recognize and anticipate routes. Understands what's coming and has good ball skills.
- Trusts his eyes with very good awareness. Has very good reaction skills to break quickly on the ball.
- Stout and feisty. Will engage, shed and securely wrap the ballcarrier. Very fluid hips, backpedal and change-of-direction agility.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Attacks the ball with authority, with quick read-and-react ability. Willing and physical tackler, flashes toughness and aggressive nature vs. the run.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Needs work on backpedaling to prevent defenders from getting behind him.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Fails to maintain inside technique in man coverage. Not a press corner.
How other scouting services rate Bryce Thompson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank