Draft Profile: BioCameron Brown attended Christian Brothers College High School and was rated a 4-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.920, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Brown opted to join Ohio State after being heavily recruited.
In 2018 as a freshman Brown saw action in just 3 games and played a total of 24 snaps at cornerback for the Buckeyes. He recorded just one tackle, no assists, while adding no stops. In coverage Brown notched up no pass breakups, no interceptions, and an elite QB rating when targetted of 39.6.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 14 games and logged 255 snaps for the Buckeyes. He made 11 tackles, 3 assists, and had 7 stops. In coverage he totaled no pass breakups, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 68.3.
In 2020 as a junior Brown played in just 2 games and contributed on 40 snaps. He chalked up just one tackle, no assists, and added no stops. In the secondary Brown forced no pass breakups, no interceptions, and gave up an elite QB rating when targetted of 39.6.
In 2021 as a senior Brown saw action in 11 games while playing 456 snaps. He logged 20 tackles, 6 assists, and made 5 stops. In coverage Brown had 6 pass breakups, one interception, and surrendered an elite QB rating when targetted of 44.9.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Brown saw action in 7 games while playing 256 snaps. He logged 11 tackles, 2 assists, and made 4 stops. In coverage Brown had 4 pass breakups, no interceptions, and surrendered a disapointing QB rating when targetted of 140.1.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Explodes out of his backpedal and has exceptional closing speed, showing excellent timing and the ball skills to come up with the interception.
- Can get up on the line of scrimmage and deliver a solid punch early in routes, then use that quickness to shadow, or back off and close quickly when the ball comes out
- Has good cover skills, athleticism and big -play ability to be a lead cornerback if Brown matures.
- Has the change-of-direction ability to mirror underneath but did solid work out of press and off coverage.
- Stays low in his backpedal and shows the click-and-close ability to break up plays in front of him. Brown can move well laterally and shows excellent instincts when looking into the backfield in zone coverage.
- Good agility and balance when shadowing his target. Competitive player.
- Willing in run support, coming downhill quickly when he has a chance to make a play.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Needs to develop a better understanding of route combinations and better overall vision.
- Physicality comes and goes when facing the run. Brown doesn’t show much in the way of take-on skills once Brown meets a blocker
- Better in press coverage than in off coverage, when he can look shaky and unsure when transitioning out of his backpedal. He’ll give up throws underneath.
Cameron Brown percentiles vs other Cornerback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Cameron Brown (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank