Draft Profile: BioChase Lasater from Trinity Christian Academy High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Lasater joined Florida Atlantic.
In 2018 as a freshman Lasater saw action in just one game and played a total of one snap at linebacker for the Owls. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops.
As a sophomore for the Owls in 2020 Lasater played in 9 games and took part in 367 snaps for the Owls. He recorded 50 tackles, 18 assists, while adding 27 stops. In coverage Lasater made no pass breakups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 98.8. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 7 total pressures, and 2 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and one sack during the year.
In 2021 as a junior Lasater played in 11 games and contributed on 322 snaps. He recorded 14 tackles, 8 assists while making 12 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 8 total pressures, which included 4 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and one sack on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s effective in pursuit when chasing down backs as a run defender, and Lasater has the athleticism to cover a lot of ground when dropping into coverage.
- Shows a burst to close. Flashes explosive hitting ability and good lateral and downfield pursuit.
- He’s an instinctive and active chase-and-tackle 4-3 Will, with the speed to go sideline to sideline. Lasater takes excellent angles. He also has an innate sense for shooting gaps as a run defender.
- A chase-and-tackle Will prospect, he is instinctive, reading and reacting quickly and showing the ability to absolutely fly around the field.
- He disrupts plays in the backfield regularly. He also has the agility and pure speed to cover sideline to sideline, moving like a safety and then finishing as a violent and consistent tackler.
- Lasater has the kind of turn-and-run fluidity to be used in man coverage as well, able to run with tight ends and running backs.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Lasater lacks the speed of a chase and- tackle guy. Lasater lacks twitch as a pass rusher and lacks the feet and flexibility to threaten around the edge.
- Occasionally overruns plays due to aggressive nature. Hesitates when facing running back Blocks while rushing the passer.
- As a run defender, he’s too much of a grab-and-drag tackler, lacking violence and too frequently allowing running backs to escape.
How other scouting services rate Chase Lasater (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank