Draft Profile: BioChris Elmore from Wendell Phillips Academy High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a -star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Elmore joined Syracuse.
In 2018 as a freshman Elmore saw action in 13 games for the Orange as he ran for just 7 yards on 3 attempts for just 2.3 yards per carry, with 2 TDs, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made just one reception for 6 yards.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played 12 games. and rushed for just 2 yards on 2 carries for just 1.0 ypc, with no TDs, with no fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in no receptions for no yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Willing to attack and punches multiple times to finish the play. Quick to pick up edge blitz and shows no panic, easily adjusting angles and resetting his feet. Can recover and reset his anchor. Rarely late off the snap.
- Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #100. He wrote, "One of the most versatile players in FBS, the 6-0, 291-pound sixth-year senior has played tight end, defensive line and guard during his college career. A team captain for Syracuse, he’s also one of the most powerful guys in the program, benching 410, squatting 620 and hang-cleaning 310 pounds."
- Quick and nimble, light on his feet. Very athletic blocker on the move. Good slide and hand placement effectively shut down most speed rushers.
- Finds defenders with his hands immediately and gets feet moving to engage and sustain.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Good natural athleticism, knee bend and fluid lateral movement to mirror college defensive ends.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Can be beat off the edge coming out of his stance lunging to reach speedy wide rushers.
- Finesse blocker with average arm length who doesn't use his hands well to win at the point of attack.
- Adequate initial burst should be far better and isn't good enough to consistently hold out elite pass rushers.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
- Limits ability to mirror by leaning forward with his upper body and neglecting his lower body. Not strong enough and remains rough around the edges.
How other scouting services rate Chris Elmore (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank