Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 7 - Pick Number: 251 (TB)
- Understands zone concepts and is aware of his surroundings. Reliable tackler who reacts quickly when he sees it.
- Very good instincts, especially in the box. Sound and solid tackler. Takes good angles in pursuit.
- Takes accurate angles to the ballcarrier. A strong, aggressive tackler and doesn't back down against the run.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Flashes some physicality as a hitter.
- Doesn't look comfortable in reverse and can't be trusted in man coverage on an island - sloppy transition and is not explosive.
- Opens his hips too early and allows himself to get turned around in coverage.
- Lacks elite speed to recover if beaten on double move. Ducks his head and swipes too often on open-field tackles.
- Overaggressive and will miss tackle attempts. Needs to do a better job breaking down in space and using proper technique. Suspect anticipation and ball skills.
- Not an explosive player and needs to show better bend and flexibility in his drops - plays too high.
How other scouting services rate Chris Wilcox (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank