- Has the ability to create a pile in the middle, even showing the ability to split the occasional double-team. However, is just as often blown off the ball due to his high pad level.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Good strength and balance to sit down, lock-out and create a pile, leading to possibilities inside and out (in the 3-4).
- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- Penetrates through gaps, often forcing running backs to elude him or the back end of the offensive lineman he's pushing before they even reach the line.
- Plays upright and struggles with leverage. Too often stonewalled at the line and doesn't show the hand strength or technique to shed or redirect blockers.
- He struggles with leverage off the snap and plays too tall, limiting his effectiveness as a pass rusher.
- Quick first step with fluid movements off the ball. Highly competitive and fierce, showing relentless effort to the pocket with a nonstop motor
- Needs to keep his pad level low; pops upright and plays too tall, struggling to maintain leverage off the snap.
- Plays too high at times, and gets carried downfield or put to the ground by better lineman when losing the leverage battle.
How other scouting services rate Cory Durden (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank