Draft Profile: BioD'Anthony Jones from Liberty High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Jones joined Houston.
In 2020 as a freshman Jones saw action in 4 games and played a total of 108 snaps for the Cougars. He recorded just 6 tackles, one assist, while adding 5 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 14 total pressures, which included 12 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Cougars in 2021 Jones played in 13 games and took part in 278 snaps for the Cougars. He recorded only 5 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 11 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 34 total pressures, and 22 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and a decent 7 sacks during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Jones played in 12 games and contributed on 510 snaps. He recorded 21 tackles, 3 assists while making 23 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 49 total pressures, which included 36 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and a decent 7 sacks on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- His motor is excellent, and he’s quick to locate the ball and make plays against the run.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- He’s a high-motor player, and Jones shows good enough hand use, as well as a tight spin move, to win as an edge rusher.
- Relentless and strong off the edge as a pass rusher when fresh. Gets under the pads of tackles to bull rush them into the backfield.
- Jones shows impressive burst and enough quickness to occasionally threaten the edge as a pass rusher.
- He’s flexible enough to bend the edge, and he’s at his best when he can use his quickness and change-of-direction abilities to counter back inside.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Because of his athletic limitations, Jones lacks the ceiling of some of this draft’s top edge rushers
- With neither elite strength nor elite speed, he lacks one standout trait.
- Jones has to develop a counter move or two in the pass rush, and he needs to make better use of his hands.
D'Anthony Jones percentiles vs other Defensive Line's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate D'Anthony Jones (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank