Draft Profile: BioD.J. Uiagalelei from St. John Bosco High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Uiagalelei opted to join Clemson.
In 2020 as a freshman Uiagalelei saw action in 9 games for the Tigers as he threw for 914 yards on 119 attempts with a completion percent of 65.5 for an average of 7.7 yards per pass, with 5 TDs, while taking 3 sacks, and a QB rating of 102.7.
In 2021 as a sophomore he played in 13 games as he passed for 2245 yards on 378 attempts with a completion percent of 55 for an average of 5.9 yards per pass, with 9 TDs, while also taking 20 sacks, and putting up a QB rating of 69.6. He made 94 runs for a total of 419 yards at an average of 4.5 per rush.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Enough arm strength to drive the ball through tight windows up to 20 yards downfield. Spreads the ball around to multiple receivers.
- Good height and growing build to stand in the pocket.
- Possesses an NFL arm. Gets the ball from one hash to the opposite sideline in a hurry. Has the zip to hit tight windows on short and intermediate throws.
- Athletic quarterback who is a threat to leave the pocket and gain positive yardage at any time. Possesses very good vision balance, elusiveness and deceptive speed and power as a runner.
- Flashes good accuracy to all levels of the field and has the arm strength to make every requisite NFL throw.
- Sees the field very well when the play breaks down and occasionally changes plays at the line.
- Good zip and ball placement on the quick slant. Good touch down the seam and on post-corner, flag routes to attack the defense vertically and horizontally.
- Excellent height to see over the defense.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Has struggled with his decision-making and needs to improve his pre-snap recognition skills to read defenses and see blitzes. Doesn't decipher information as quickly as you would like, but does see the entire field and understands coverage.
- Needs to improve his touch at all levels and know when to gun it and when to take something off his throws. Accuracy is solid, but far from great with streaky ball placement downfield as he tries to thread the needle too much.
How other scouting services rate D.J. Uiagalelei (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank