- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Compact build with a thick upper body and leg strength. Runs hard and with balance, is a patient runner who makes subtle, energetic cuts to make up for his modest explosiveness.
- Not truly explosive, but possesses enough speed to beat linebacker to the edge.
- Not the biggest, strongest or fastest but does enough with preparation and instincts to get a look. Not big or tenacious as a blocker in the passing game.
- Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
- Lacks a true burst through the hole and elite speed to break away or get to the corner against NFL defenses.
- Size will be a detriment between the tackles at the next level. Lacks the strength to push the pile or break off NFL linebacker tackles inside. Can be brought down or knocked back by strong arm tackles. Can be steamrolled by NFL defensive ends or leapt in a single bound by most pass rushers if he attempts to chip block.
- Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
- Lacks size to be a true power back, will not move piles at the next level.
- May not break away from NFL defenders. Has had fumbling issues and doesn't shift the ball to outside arm.
How other scouting services rate Da'Leon Ward (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank