- Work in progress as a pass rusher, with upfield burst and flexibility to dip and scrape.
- Best attribute. Extreme quickness off the edge, has the flexibility to turn the corner.
- Good athlete. Shows a natural feel for pass rushing. Very good lateral agility to shake pass blockers.
- Ferocious against the run and very good in coverage, is extremely versatile. Despite his build, he holds up well in traffic and makes a lot of plays by engaging a block, shedding, and pursuing.
- Reads the quarterback to anticipate and is a candidate to play outside.
- Locates the ball but takes circuitous routes to go get to it. Should use power and long arms to take on and disengage from blocks. Inefficient with his angles.
- Does not blow up targets. Many inside tackles are catch-and-drags, which will be more difficult to make at the next level.
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
- Plays upright. Ducks his head and fails to wrap up at times. Inconsistent in giving full effort to be the second man in on the play. Must learn to use hands to beat blocks.
- Possesses average instincts. More likely to make plays with quick reactions than by diagnosing.
How other scouting services rate DeAngelo Malone (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank