Draft Profile: BioDemon Clowney from St. Frances Academy High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Clowney opted to join Ole Miss.
In 2020 as a freshman Clowney saw action in 3 games and played on a total of 35 snaps for the Rebels. He recorded one tackle, no assists, while adding one stop.
As a sophomore for the Rebels in 2021 Clowney played in 6 games and took part on 42 snaps for the Rebels. He recorded 3 tackles, no assists, while adding one stop. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 4 total pressures, and 2 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and no sacks during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Gets pressures on inside stunts and was too explosive for college guards to handle.
- Brings down quarterbacks much bigger than he is. Very good motor and regularly chases down plays from behind.
- Does a nice job locating the ball and sticking with the play while working off blocks. Physical finisher.
- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
- Good quickness to attack ballcarriers when playing near the line. Breaks down and wraps legs to make the stop.
- Downhill defender and physical tackler. Uses his eyes to decipher and break down the play, showing good awareness and discipline to sniff out fakes.
- Gives effort between the tackles to find the ball and is willing to take on linemen.
- Handles misdirection well with quick change-of-direction ability. Comes downhill quickly against the run when he has an open lane.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Possesses average instincts. More likely to make plays with quick reactions than by diagnosing.
- Builds to top speed and must take the right line to beat backs to the edge.
How other scouting services rate Demon Clowney (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank