Draft Profile: BioDemon Clowney from St. Frances Academy High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Clowney joined Ole Miss after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Clowney saw action in just 3 games and played a total of 35 snaps for the Rebels. He recorded just one tackle, no assists, while adding one stop.
As a sophomore for the Rebels in 2021 Clowney played in 6 games and took part in 42 snaps for the Rebels. He recorded just 3 tackles, no assists, while adding one stop. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 4 total pressures, and 2 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and no sacks during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Clowney played in just 3 games and contributed on 31 snaps. He recorded just 2 tackles, one assist while making 3 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 3 total pressures, which included one QB hurry, one QB hit, and one sack on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- With a powerful lower body and the ability to hold up at the point of attack as a run defender, Clowney is remarkably instinctive.
- He's not an elite pass rusher and projects as a left end in a 4-3 defense. If he layers on more muscle, he might fit in the 3-4. Size, strength and versatility should push him into the top 75 picks.
- Versatile enough to drop and could be viewed as a 3-4 linebacker.
- Clowney has decent enough flexibility to bend the edge, and he shows a good closing burst.
- He has the kind of turn-and-run fluidity to be used in man coverage as well, able to run with tight ends and running backs.
- His closing burst is outstanding, and he routinely finished plays last year. Clowney has range and toughness as a run defender, capable of dropping anchor to set the edge and showing the acceleration to chase down the backside in pursuit.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’ll need to add weight in order to play with a better anchor, but he’ll potentially be sacrificing athleticism and speed if Clowney does.
- While he moves well laterally, he doesn’t always get there in pursuit.
- Clowney is likely going to struggle at the point of attack in the run game unless he adds bulk, potentially risking his movement skills in the pass rush.
How other scouting services rate Demon Clowney (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank