Drafted: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 125 (LAC)
Draft Profile: BioDerius Davis from West Feliciana High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Davis opted to join TCU.
In 2018 as a freshman Davis saw action in 11 games for the Horned Frogs as he made 8 receptions for just 104 yards for an average of 13.0 yards per reception, with 2 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 110.0.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played 11 games and had just 11 catches for 151 yards for an average of 13.7 yards per catch, with no TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 75.7.
As a junior in 2020 he played 9 games and hauled in 15 catches for 209 yards for an average of 13.9 yards per catch, with one TD, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 113.6.
As a senior in 2021 he played 12 games and had 36 catches for 520 yards for an average of 14.4 yards per catch, one TD, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 99.8.
As a fifth year senior in 2022 he played 12 games and had 35 catches for 418 yards for an average of 11.9 yards per catch, 5 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 119.2.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Shows quickness off the snap to shake off corners and create room. Separates with hesitation moves and nice acceleration.
- Davis also proved to be a force in catch-and-run situations. A violent runner who transitions upfield quickly after the catch, Davis has the speed to pick up chunks of yardage once he’s broken the first tackle.
- Keeps his feet active and eyes up to dodge traffic quickly and easily. Has excellent straight-line speed to be a breakaway threat at any level. Will initiate contact and runs through high tackle attempts but isn't overall a powerful player.
- His long arms allow him to play bigger than his size, and he has a frame that can carry a little more weight.
- Davis is a natural playmaker, at his best with the ball in his hands.
- Very good hands, accepts the ball fluidly on most throws and is ready to make a play afterward. Makes catches in traffic, even going up over taller defenders with vertical and toughness.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- His ability to track the ball is good enough, but Davis too often let the ball get into his body downfield rather than snatching it with his hands.
- Physically, he profiles as a guy who should have success facing the quarterback, but he struggles to gear down and make the necessary sharp cuts to create separation underneath.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
Derius Davis percentiles vs other Wide Receiver's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Derius Davis (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank