- An impressive athlete with very quick acceleration to reach his top speed quickly and stretch the field. Very good body control and smooth movements. Plays fast and explosive.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Keeps his feet active and eyes up to dodge traffic quickly and easily. Has excellent straight-line speed to be a breakaway threat at any level. Will initiate contact and runs through high tackle attempts but isn't overall a powerful player.
- A slippery runner with elusive footwork. Has little to no wasted movements between the reception and burst upfield.
- Hands are good, not great. Will drop some easy balls and sometimes will body catch. Occasionally fails to high point.
- Doesn't have the size to consistently win on the outside, but can be productive working the middle of the field and as a return man.
- Lacks much bulk on his body and will be outmuscled at the next level against physical defenders.
- Will have limitations against physical cornerbacks because of his thin frame. If locked up at the line, he lacks the upper-body strength to fight off the press with his hands.
- Lacks ideal size and strength and is a ·mallish target with a lean, frail-looking frame. Can be overmatched at the line of scrimmage when physical !le/enders get their hands on him. Struggles in press coverage and was knocked on his back more than a few times.
How other scouting services rate Derius Davis (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank