Signed as an undrafted free agent by Los Angeles Chargers
- Girth and wide-body size with a strong upper and lower body. Extremely strong with the raw power to overwhelm blockers at the point of attack.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Has the upper-body strength to rock his opponent back onto his heels.
- Might be limited to one-gap systems. Agility isn't a question but misses tackles when he doesn't square and break down.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
- Appears to have only average arm length, and ballcarriers too often are able to shield him with a stiff-arm.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Lacks closing speed and inconsistent quickness off the snap prevents him from being an elite pass rusher.
How other scouting services rate Forrest Merrill (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank