Draft Profile: BioFrank Gore Jr. from Killian High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Gore Jr. joined Southern Mississippi.
In 2020 as a freshman Gore Jr. saw action in 10 games for the Golden Eagles as he ran for 707 yards on 122 attempts for an impressive 5.8 yards per carry, with 2 TDs, with one fumble. As a receiver he made only 9 receptions for 97 yards.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 12 games. and rushed for 781 yards on 179 carries for 4.3 ypc, with 5 TDs, with one fumble. In the passing game he pulled in 20 receptions for 155 yards.
In 2022 as a junior Gore Jr. saw action in 12 games for the Golden Eagles. He ran for an elite 1054 yards on 206 attempts for an impressive 5.1 ypc, with 7 TDs, with 2 fumbles. As a receiver he made 19 receptions for 219 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Gore flips upfield naturally in the screen game. He could probably get by as a slot receiver.
- He brings a nice blend of power and passing game skills. He has a compact build and a naturally low center of gravity, and Gore runs with excellent balance through traffic, allowing him to squeeze through for yardage.
- An excellent blocker on the outside, he also adds value in the running game.
- A slippery multi-purpose back, he has some skills that translate to the next level.
- Gore has the straight-line speed to outrun angles, and his flexibility allows him to turn the corner on the perimeter and stay near top speed as he does; he’s especially effective on fly sweeps.
- An instinctive runner, he has a knack for setting up defenders and making people miss in space. He’s at his best in space and on the perimeter, where he shows the balance and acceleration, plus pure speed, to make a move and then take off.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Lacks size to be a true power back, will not move piles at the next level.
- Gore seems comfortable in traffic to the point where Gore doesn’t make the effort to create separation.
- Gore doesn’t offer a ton of wiggle, and in college, he often sought out contact rather than avoiding it.
How other scouting services rate Frank Gore Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank