- A coordinated athlete with good footwork and balance. A heady cover player with above-average · feel and anticipation in space.
- Trusts his eyes with very good awareness. Has very good reaction skills to break quickly on the ball.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Savvy cover skills to recognize and anticipate routes. Understands what's coming and has good ball skills.
- Has at least adequate straight-line speed and good balance, fluidity to change direction.
- Lacks instincts with shaky awareness, is overaggressive and too often bites on fakes and misdirection.
- Struggles to break down in space and can be a liability against the run at the second level.
- Fails to maintain inside technique in man coverage. Not a press corner.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
How other scouting services rate Freddie Johnson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank