Signed as an undrafted free agent by Las Vegas Raiders
- Difficult to bring down one-on-one in space, regularly sidesteps would-be tacklers and uses offhand to use oncoming defenders' momentum against them without slowing down significantly.
- Well-built with a thick frame and powerful lower body which keeps his legs pumping through contact. Patient behind the line of scrimmage, allowing blocks to create openings, and looks for cutback lanes with accurate vision. Hits the hole hard and runs with power to get the tough yards and a physical attitude.
- Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
- Solid receiver in the flat, capable of running through tackles on the edge to move the chains. Flexible enough to catch passes thrown behind him.
- Has sneaky speed but won't always get to the corner. Runs low through the hole with size and strength to move the chains as an interior runner. Has a strong stiff-arm and spin move to slip defenders. Best in goal-line situations finds another level of determination.
- Goes down too easily upon contact and needs to do a better job staying on his feet and anticipating hits. Needs to be more of a finisher and run with more purpose and determination.
- Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
- Lacks great speed to consistently threaten the edge and can be caught from behind. Indecisive when the hole isn't there.
- Too hesitant when the hole isn't there and wastes time running laterally. Tight-hipped and doesn't show much wiggle or open-field shiftiness. Stops his feet too quickly and needs to consistently keep his legs moving through contact.
- Needs to show better patience to allow blocks to develop and is too often running up the backs of his blockers. He isn't naturally explosive as a runner and lacks elusiveness in the open field.
How other scouting services rate Garrett Groshek (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank