Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 7 - Pick Number: 244 (MIA)
- Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
- North-South runner with good leg drive and physicality.
- Has good burst to and through the hole. A patient runner with good vision and burst for the cutback. Squares his shoulders and can knock the defender back onto his heels. Good leg drive and forward lean to gain extra yardage after contact.
- Balanced runner maintains low pad level and has the power to keep moving after initial contact.
- Has good footwork for a back of his size with moderate quickness to avoid tacklers. Runs determined and has reliable hands.
- Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
- Has surprising burst for a back with his build but, despite some long runs over his career, has limited straight-line speed and can be caught from behind.
- A one-speed, straight-line runner without much wiggle or shiftiness - won't make defenders miss in small areas and lacks the long speed to outrun them.
- Needs to show better patience to allow blocks to develop and is too often running up the backs of his blockers. He isn't naturally explosive as a runner and lacks elusiveness in the open field.
- Almost too bulky; plays stiff and tighthipped. Not an explosive player with little burst. Has suspect acceleration and needs more than a few steps to reach his top-end speed.
How other scouting services rate Gerrid Doaks (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank