Draft Profile: BioIsaiah Davis from Pebble Hills High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Davis joined South Dakota State.
In 2020 as a freshman Davis saw action in 10 games for the Jackrabbits as he ran for 819 yards on 96 attempts for an outstanding 8.5 yards per carry, with 10 TDs, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made just 7 receptions for 107 yards.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 7 games. and rushed for 701 yards on 95 carries for an outstanding 7.4 ypc, with 7 TDs, with one fumble. In the passing game he pulled in just 2 receptions for 8 yards.
In 2022 as a junior Davis saw action in 11 games for the Jackrabbits. He ran for an outstanding 1039 yards on 192 attempts for an excellent 5.4 ypc, with 12 TDs, with one fumble. As a receiver he made 18 receptions for 145 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Difficult to bring down one-on-one in space, regularly sidesteps would-be tacklers and uses offhand to use oncoming defenders' momentum against them without slowing down significantly.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
- Davis has a prototypical running back build, well proportioned and thick through the lower body, and he’s at his best picking his way between the tackles with quick, choppy steps.
- He consistently falls forward, and Davis will also bounce off of or shake loose from a couple of tackles to turn minimal gains into big runs.
- Davis blends good size and speed, as well as the competitive demeanor of a playmaker.
- Well-built with a thick frame and powerful lower body which keeps his legs pumping through contact. Patient behind the line of scrimmage, allowing blocks to create openings, and looks for cutback lanes with accurate vision. Hits the hole hard and runs with power to get the tough yards and a physical attitude.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Davis could stand to get smaller when squeezing through traffic.
- Davis doesn’t always show great hands, and Davis takes too long to gather himself after making catches in the screen game.
- He’s not going to threaten to take the top off of a defense.
How other scouting services rate Isaiah Davis (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank