Draft Profile: BioIsaiah Davis from Pebble Hills High School was rated a 3 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Davis opted to join South Dakota State.
In 2020 as a freshman Davis saw action in 10 games for the Jackrabbits as he ran for 819 yards on 96 attempts for an average of 8.5 yards per carry, with 10 TDs, and no fumbles. As a receiver he made 7 receptions for 107 yards.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 7 games. and rushed for 701 yards on 95 carries for an average of 7.4 ypc, with 7 TDs, and one fumble. In the passing game he pulled in 2 receptions for 8 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Underrated blocker. Cognizant pass defender who is willing to meet a linebacker in the gap.
- Fights for extra yardage and is reliable in short-yardage situations.
- Difficult to bring down one-on-one in space, regularly sidesteps would-be tacklers and uses offhand to use oncoming defenders' momentum against them without slowing down significantly.
- Doesn't possess elite breakaway speed, but is fast enough to gain yardage in chunks when he finds a seam.
- Well-built with a thick frame and powerful lower body which keeps his legs pumping through contact. Patient behind the line of scrimmage, allowing blocks to create openings, and looks for cutback lanes with accurate vision. Hits the hole hard and runs with power to get the tough yards and a physical attitude.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Demonstrated the ability to track the ball over his shoulder. Good flexibility and balance to adjust to the poorly thrown pass. Good vision and patience for screens.
- Has the feet and feel running between the tackles and in the open field. He has very good vision and patience to pick through defenses.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Offers little in pass protection and poor technique cut blocking, fails to do more than slow down blitzers by laying down in front of them.
- Loses momentum when he gears down to change direction and it takes him a few steps to accelerate back to full speed. Appears indecisive; will dance too much at the line of scrimmage. Lacks natural playmaking ability.
How other scouting services rate Isaiah Davis (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank