Draft Profile: BioJaden Walley from D'Iberville High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Walley opted to join Mississippi State.
In 2020 as a freshman Walley saw action in 11 games for the Bulldogs as he made 52 receptions for 718 yards for an average of 13.8 yards per reception, with 2 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 73.3.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 13 games and had 55 catches for 628 yards for an average of 11.4 yards per catch, with 6 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 114.7.
As a junior in 2022 he played 12 games and hauled in 29 catches for 305 yards for an average of 10.5 yards per catch, with 3 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 91.7.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- Flashes the foot quickness and toughness to handle slot duties at the next level and lines up all over the field. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Combines speed, balance, quickness, vision and crisp cuts to leave defensive backs and linebackers in the dust.
- He’s coordinated with soft, reliable hands, and Walley shows the ability to adjust to balls thrown behind him, as well as a knack for digging out low throws.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Keeps his feet active and eyes up to dodge traffic quickly and easily. Has excellent straight-line speed to be a breakaway threat at any level. Will initiate contact and runs through high tackle attempts but isn't overall a powerful player.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Doesn't have the size to consistently win on the outside, but can be productive working the middle of the field and as a return man.
- Walley seems comfortable in traffic to the point where Walley doesn’t make the effort to create separation.
- Has only average height and overall length. Lacks initial burst off the line of scrimmage and has more build-up speed than track wheels. Limited explosiveness and flexibility and will struggle to separate against pro defensive backs
How other scouting services rate Jaden Walley (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank