Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 7 - Pick Number: 233 (LAR)
- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
- Not truly explosive, but possesses enough speed to beat linebacker to the edge.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
- Goes down too easily upon contact and needs to do a better job staying on his feet and anticipating hits. Needs to be more of a finisher and run with more purpose and determination.
- Not the most instinctive runner and too often tries for the big play, dancing and losing yards. Lacks the natural power to push the pile and feels more comfortable avoiding contact.
- Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
- Lacks size to be a true power back, will not move piles at the next level.
- Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
How other scouting services rate Jake Funk (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank